Sunday, October 28, 2007

Atmospheric Vortex Tower

Some of you have been asking about what happened to the atmospheric vortex tower that we constructed in the summer of 2005. I started this blog to help respond to those inquiries. The vortex tower was filmed in November of 2005 by channel 2 news from Salt Lake City. Greenhouses were built in the summer of 2006 and it was shown that a sustained atmospheric vortex (dust devel type) could be generated. I wrote up plans for a new larger version with modifications to take better advantage of wind amplification and solar collection. I've decided not to do it all with my own funding at this point and as soon as I get some proposals written, I hope to get funding and continue with this research. In the meantime, I'm busy building a VAWT (vertical axis wind turbine) in my garage and still designing microprocessors at Intel.
Tom

No comments: